Monday, September 24, 2007

Conversation of the week

I don't know if I shared this yet, but I work in a little area called Little 5 Points in Atlanta. It's the bohemian/eclectic/hippie/preppy/hip/everything else you ever thought of area. Well, I see and hear a little bit of everything at my job. It being a head shop is probably why and this is the latest disturbing conversation I had.

Him: So, my girl is pregnant. That's cool I guess, but I don't want no white baby.
(This guy is a light skin black man. He is so pale I thought he was white with a weird tan when he came in)

Me: You don't want a white baby?"

Him: Well, she's white. How would I look bringing a white baby to the mosque? They'll
throw me out. So, I'm trying to convince her to...you know.

Me thinking to myself: You have got to be kidding me.

Him: I mean, she's a muslim too, but they never really accept white people there, you know? What they don't know is most of the world's population of Muslims is Asian.

Me: Thats interesting. But I have a question. Why are you with this girl in the first place if you don't want a white baby?

Him: Well, if it was up to me, I'd have a black girl, but black girls don't want me. I have to get what I can.

Me thinking to myself: And impregnate them then try to convince them to abort the baby because of their skin color.

Me: Right...

Him: Black girls just don't go for light skin brothers anymore, you know?

Me: No, I didn't know.

Him: I just get what I can and work with that...

Me: Well, you have fun with that...

0 You don't say:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|