Monday, May 02, 2005

That lady is a tramp!

A couple of weeks ago, a guy came to my job to have a quick slice of pizza and we had a lttle conversation. Well, more like he asked questions and I responded. At the time, I was busy trying to clean up so we could get the hell out of there, but its hard for me to ignore people because i'm so damn nice, so I never snuffed him or anything, I answered each question with a smile and laughed at his jokes. When he was finished, he told me I had a nice personality, and a pretty smile, yadda, yadda, yadda...he gave me his number. I never say whether i would call or not. Sometimes I would come straight out and say I'm not going to call you, sometimes i don't say anything. I NEVER call. I don't even call my father in Maryland. Why would I call you? I don't say that, of course, but that's what i'm thinking. Anyway, I never call this guy, who is old enough to be my grandpa. Yesterday, he came in, walked to the register and said "Thanks for calling." and walked away. I thought he was being sarcastic. Turns out he was being an asshole. He walked back up to the register, with a customer standing there, and goes off on me about how I don't respect the black man, I don't know what i'm missing, blah, blah, blah...then walks out. Whatever. I meet crazy people at work everyday. Today, he walks in when we haven't opened yet and I'm mopping the floor. I tell him very politely that we don't open for another half hour. He stares at me and I stare at him, waiting for him to do something. He then says, "You're a tramp." I was kind of shocked, but I said "Fuck you! Get the fuck out!" Which I regret. The logical thing would have been to ask how he came up with that conclusion, then say "Fuck you." I lost my head. The restaraunt owner here's me cursing, and asks whats going on. I tell him and he and my boyfriend run after him. That was pretty much the highlight of my day. I was hoping he would come back so I could say all the things that I thought of throughout the rest of the day. Or stab him. I did, however, get a good laugh out of it.

1 You don't say:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jay V Mail! said...

Wow. I'm glad I don't attract creepy men who get all sarcastic and stalker-like at me.

On the other hand, I guess I should worry because I'm one of the creepy men who get all sarcastic and then trace the edge of the pocket knife with my finger while waiting for the women to come out of their workplace so I can 'just talk, I swear to God.'

I mean . . . what just happened? I think I blacked out for a minute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|